Staying fit around the clock is not very easy, especially when you have such a hectic schedule, balancing between daily tasks and social life. However, there are a few tips and ticks that you can do, to help you stay fit around the clock:
1. If you don’t have time to workout, then make sure you take advantage of your surroundings. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, go for a walk while listening to your favorite music, practice stretching or light yoga while you’re on the phone or watching TV and you can always dance or do aerobics at home, it’s fun and no one’s watching.
2. Instead of ordering in junk food, how about getting creative with your meals? Make your own salad and include unusual additions, and try out new recipes. You’ll get to enjoy a healthy and crispy salad, which is perfect.
3. Sitting all day long on a chair while you’re working is really bad for your muscles. I recommend you replacing it, if possible, with an exercise ball, which will go a long way in helping you maintain your core muscles.
4. Household chores can be boring, but if you look at it as a great outlet to exercise, that’s when things can get exciting. They involve a lot of exercise and help you stay fit. Yes, making the bed or scrubbing the bathtub is good for you.
5. Choose exercises that make a difference, as there are ones more efficient than others. In other words, be smart about it. Try out ones that focus on core muscles such as squats, planks and burpees.
6. Challenge yourself and continuously raise the bar! Always try to beat the performance of your previous workout, which will definitely keep you motivated and going. When you feel like you’ve reached a level where things started getting boring, how about entering an upcoming marathon in your city? That sense of accomplishment after finishing the marathon will make you feel on top of the world.
7. Getting your regular uninterrupted sleep at night helps you start your day on a positive note. Don’t play around with your phone for a long period right before you sleep and make sure to put it on silent to avoid any unneeded noise.