1. Women using synthetic and plastic created pads are most likely to contract fungal infections.
2. Every year few girls around the world die due to using same pad for the whole day. The chemicals used in Ultra napkins convert the liquids into gel thus leading to cancer in uterus or bladder.
3. A pad should be changed after five hours, as after this period of time blood is likely to turn green and the fungus formed easily enters the uterus leading to infection.
4. When a research center from Korea worked on knowing the chemicals used in making synthetic menstrual napkins, they came out with list which includes polypropylene, polyacrylates, surfactants, plastic and chlorine-bleached wood pulp or even recycled paper.
5. The producers of these sanitary pads are not allowed to disclose the exact ingredients used in making of sanitary pads as they are termed to be “medical devices”.
6. Flushing a sanitary pad can lead to blockage and hence disposing used pads should always be a prior concern. Wrap it with a paper and then dispose it.
7. The white color of the pad is attained after bleaching the pad with chlorine which results in dioxin, which is responsible for major health issues in women.
Well, i am shocked out of my mind, i think that the best way to avoid getting the negatives of using a pad or tampon, is to change them as often as you can say after every 4 hours, and our bodies have a way of fighting germs, viruses and foreign bodies, so it is very necessary to assist our immune system, by eating right and taking the right supplements…we will be fine, i mean we can’t be walking around dripping blood now can we?