Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 cups – Stew base
- 8 cups mixed seafood (fish chunks, crab, lobster, muscles, squid etc) (cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon peppersoup spice (optional)
- 1 medium onion – minced
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (ata-rodo) Minced
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- Thumb size fresh ginger – minced
- 2 cups cubed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 maggi cubes (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Properly season seafood with some salt and 1 maggi cube. Set aside.
- Place a large pan on medium heat and add in the oil. As soon as the oil is hot, add in onions, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until onion is fragrant. Add in stew base, chopped tomatoes, maggi, salt, peppersoup spice and 6-7 cups of water. Stir.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes
Note: If using potatoes, add cleaned chopped potatoes in at this point.
- Uncover the broth and add in the seafood. Stir. Simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust broth for seasoning and remove from heat.
- Serve warm.