Spicy Crispy Suya Wings
This is the crispiest and spiciest chicken I’ve had in a while. To achieve the level of crispiness, we will be using baking powder. Yes BAKING POWDER. This Is a trick I picked up from many nights of watching food shows and it has never failed me. To cown it off, we will toss the crispy wings in a sweet and spicy suya sauce! I know you are already licking your fingers.
- 20 split chicken wings
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tspn Black or Cameron pepper
- 2 maggi cubes
- 2 tbspn baking powder
- 1 heaped tbspn suya spice
- 3 tbspn honey (substitute maple syrup)
- 2 tbspn mayonnaise (substitute greek yogurt)
- 2 tbspn lemon juice
- Combine all wings ingredients. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 275F. Line a baking pan with parchment or use a baking wrack. Oil generously.
- Arrange chicken pieces on wrack. Bake for 3omins. Increase heat to 425F and continue to bake until chicken is crispy (30-45 more mins)
- Remove chicken from oven and set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium pot. Place on medium heat and boil until it thickens. Toss in warm wings and coat generously
Serve your delicious wings with a side of something cold like this tangy and sweet Chapman