Shrimp and Vegetable Sauce
Hello Family- here is a great, simple, healthy and quick shrimp and vegetable sauce that can be prepared on any budget and eaten with absolutely anything ( Yam, rice, potatoes etc). Try the sauce as a busy weeknight supper or as a stew alternative for rice. Feel free to use the vegetables you have at hand.
- 2 cups fresh cleaned shrimps
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 cup oil
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 cups chopped fresh spinach (Tete, Ugu or Water-leaves )
- 1 bouillon cube (Maggi)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 Teaspoon dried pepper
- Season the shrimp with some salt and pepper- Set aside
- Heat up the oil, add the onions and fry until fragrant. Add in all other vegetables. Simmer covered for 2-3 Minutes. Add in the shrimp, maggi, thyme, salt, maggi and dried pepper. Combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Your sauce is ready to serve. Enjoy!
If you will like to have some liquid in the sauce, combine 1 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon flour and add it into the sauce