Spring Roll Recipe
Spring rolls are almost as popular with Nigerians as they are with people of Asian origin. Spring rolls have been nigerianized as the ultimate party starter or “Small chop” as it’s locally known. I am not the biggest fan of spring rolls but when I do have them I make sure they are well made. The filling should be generous with protein and the shell should be crispy.
This is how 9jafoodie makes spring rolls. feel free to add in some chopped cabbage or shredded carrots. also if you will prefer to baking to frying the spring roll, cover in a mix of eggs and cornstarch before baking (let me know if you will prefer baked spring rolls recipe in the comment form)
- Shrimps – 10-12 pieces (cooked)
- Ground beef or Sausage- 1/2 cup
Rice Noodles – 2 cups (cooked)*
- Mushrooms – 1 cup (chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper- To taste
- Maggi – 1 cube
- Spring Roll Wrapper – 12-15
- Vegetable oil – for frying
*To cook the rice noodles, simply cover the noodles with boiling water for 5-6 minutes and drain*
- Add in you maggi. Combine thoroughly. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat off and let your filling cool (Spring roll wraps are usually quite thin, hot filling will produce undesirable results)