Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Thumb size ginger (minced)
- 4 raw eggs (cracked and beaten)
- 1 red bell pepper (tatashe) – chopped
- 1 -2 cups green peas
- 1 small pineapple (peeled and cubed)
- 2-3 maggi cube
- Salt – to taste
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 cups day old cooked rice (I used brown rice) (yeld from 11/4 cups raw rice)
- 16-20 shrimps (cleaned and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add in oil. Add in minced onion, garlic and ginger. Stirfry until onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Move the onions aside, add in beaten eggs and scramble. Remove the scrambled eggs and set aside
- Add in salt, maggi white pepper into the fried onions. Stir. Add in pineapples, peas, shrimp and red pepper. Increase heat to high and stir fry until most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Add in rice. Stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add in scrambled egg and gently combine.
- Fried rice is ready to serve.