1. He wants you to befriend his friends.No, not like “Hey, we’ll be at this bar around 11 p.m. — you should stop by.” Instead, he talks about how he knows you’ll get along with his college best friend and picks a day for you all to go to dinner and get to know each other.
2. He remembers something you mentioned in passing.You once joked about how you can (and sometimes do) eat peanut butter out of the jar. So when the dessert menu comes, he zeroes in on the peanut butter sundae because he knows you’ll like it.
3. He sends you an article that made him think of you.The travel section of the paper had an article on Greece, and didn’t you just say you wanted to go there one day?
4. You actually want to tell your parents about him.You usually try to be careful about how much you reveal because you want to see how it goes first, but you feel too excited about this one to keep it to yourself.
5. His bookshelf has quite a bit of overlap with yours.And there are even a few books on there that you’ve been meaning to read for ages.
6. He’s genuinely interested in your job.Even if he does something completely different, he wants to understand exactly what you do, how you ended up there, and what you like about it.
7. You feel comfortable telling him about something that upset you.Maybe it’s dissatisfaction at work, maybe it’s an issue with a friend — you just feel like you can trust him, even after a short period of time.
8. He checks in on you.If you tell him you’re going to have a crazy week at work, he offers to get together over the weekend instead but texts you to see how everything’s going and if you need anything.
9. He calls you regularly.He loves your voice and doesn’t just want to communicate through text, IM, or email.
10. He tells you he can’t wait to see you.He texts you on Wednesday just to say he’s looking forward to your date on Friday. He uses an emoji, even though he doesn’t usually, because he knows it will make you smile.
11. You can’t stop telling your friends about how nice he is.You’ve been on so many crazy dates that you know how rare this can be.
12. Thinking about being alone with him gets you through a chaotic day.Sometimes your mind just drifts to him in the middle of a meeting, and you zone out until someone snaps you back to reality.
13. He makes sure to see you one or two nights every week.And you see each other at least on Friday or Saturday each week, so you can stay up late and sleep in together free of mid-week stress.
14. He researches new things to do in a city you’ve lived in for years.You love your go-to spots — and hope to establish regular ones with him — but it’s really sweet when he puts effort into finding somewhere you’ve never been.
15. He wants to do something special for your birthday.So what if it’s a random number like 27 or 32? He thinks you deserve a celebration.