Prep time: 24 hours
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 24 hours 40 mins
You can choose to add some carrots into the sauce. Sliced carrots can be added in just before the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 4 Tbspn fresh lemon Juice
- 1 Tbspn Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbspn Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 large onions (Thinly sliced) (White onion is preferred)
- Salt – To taste
- 2 cubes Maggi (Bouillon )
- 2 fresh Chilies (Chopped)
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 6 large Fish Fillet (cut into chunks)
- 4 Tablespoons Oil (Divided)
- Combine ingredients 1 through 8 in a large bowl. Take ⅓ of combined ingredients and blend for make a paste
- Combine blended seasoning with fish fillet and set in the fridge. Allow to marinate overnight (up to 24 hours)
- Add in bay leaves with the remaining onion mix from step 1. Set aside to marinate along with the fish
- Set a large skillet on high heat and add in half of the oil. Remove fish pieces from the marinade and sear on all sides until browned. Remove fish pieces from oil and set aside.
I cheated and baked my fish instead. I baked at 450 for 5 minutes (shhhh— don’t tell!!)
- Pour onion mix into the pan and stir to combine. Add in any left over fish marinade. Simmer until onion is translucent
- Add in 1 cup water into the onions. Cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 30 minutes. Now add in the cooked fish and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on rice with a healthy helping of golden fried plantains. Enjoy!!!