Deep Fried Black Eyed Beans (peas)*
2 cups black eyed beans
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- In a medium pot, add beans and 5 cups water. Cook on low heat for 2:30 hrs.
- Remove from the heat; pour the beans into a strainer to remove any excess water. Air Dry on a flat plate or tray.
- Place a pot of oil on high heat; add in the air dried beans once the oil is hot enough.
- Remove the beans once it turns brown (~7-8min)
- when you are done with the frying, sprinkle salt on the fried beans while it’s still hot.