So coffee has more uses than you ever thought. I needn’t remind you of all the ways coffee is spectacular. I owe all my early mornings and college all-nighters to the beloved caffeinated drink, and you know you do too. But in addition to being the main source of life for many people in the morning, coffee is an all-star beauty ingredient. When used in a scrub like the one from thisSoap Chérierecipe, caffeine from the coffee grinds tightens, and tones the skin and diminishes the appearance of cellulite. Did I mention the scrub also exfoliates and conditions? Now watch the video below and save the directions for later so you can make your own DIY coffee scrub — if you can manage not to use it all for your morning coffee first.
- 1 cup ground organic coffee
- 1 cup organic sugar or salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.Add your coffee grinds, sugar (or salt), and cocoa powder in big bowl.
2. Add the oil and honey.
3. Mix everything together. Use a spatula or your hands to mix together the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mix to a jar. Use a container that has an airtight seal so your scrub doesn’t dry out.
5. Give it a try. Massage a handful of the scrub onto your body while in the shower and rinse it off for rejuvenated skin.