Lucky for you here are a few ideas to help you get extra mileage out of that little black dress. After all, you bought it — you might as well make it work for you.
1. At the Office
- Almost any dress can be work-appropriate with a structured jacket or blazer on top, especially in a dark or neutral color.
- You’ll never go wrong with a classic pump.
- Your bag is the perfect place to play with color. “I just think it takes all of our black and navy to a better place,” says Rachel.
2. Meeting the Parents
- A denim jacket can help strike the right balance between formality and not trying too hard.
- Don’t overdo it with the jewelry. Simple stud earrings are all you need.
- Flats will help keep the look from feeling too precious.
3. A Nice Dinner
- Make a real style statement by choosing a jacket or blazer in a contrasting color.
- Remember that you can never go wrong with black and white.
4. A Night Out