Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup almonds or tigernut (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups water
- If using dried tigernut or almond, rinse and soak in generous amount of water. leave overnight.
- Drain soaked nut and pour into a blender. Add in 4 cups of water, coconut and date if using. Blend until smooth.
- Place a sieve bag (same type used for pap) over a large bowl and pour the blended almond.
- Squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk
- Pour into a jar store in the fridge. nut milk has tendency to coagulate in the fridge, simply shake before each use.