Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- Season cleaned fish steaks with salt and pepper – set aside
- In a blender or food processor, process the peppers to a coerce consistency – set aside
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large pot with 5 cups of water. Simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes
- Add about 1 cup of simmered broth into the ogbono. Whisk until viscous and smooth
- Add the mixed ogbono and peppers into the broth. Stir well to combine. Place the fish pieces in and allow to cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped okra and stir gently (careful not to break the fish). Allow to simmer for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!!