Here are ingredients found in a cover girl lipstick which are all unnatural and unhealthy;
- Propylene Glycol
The above ingredients cause lip breakage, bleeding, permanent darkening of the lips
In contrast, here is the ingredient listing from a Simple Beauty Mineral Lipstick
- Cocoa Butter – OIL, PLANT BASED
- Candelilla Wax – WAX, PLANT BASED
- Castor Oil – OIL, PLANT BASED
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil – OIL & PLANT BASED PRESERVATIVE
- Sesame Oil – OIL, PLANT BASED
- Avocado Butter – OIL, PLANT BASED
- Macademia Nut Oil – OIL, PLANT BASED
A Few Tips to Help Ensure You Choose the Safest, Most Natural Lipsticks
- Avoid purchasing your makeup at the drugstore; It is just too risky.
- Don’t rely on words such as ‘natural’ or ‘nature’ on the label; read the ingredients. Odds are they will contain endocrine disrupters, immune system toxicants and even carcinogens, especially if the brand is a big name. Sadly enough.