MinceDo – Minced Meat and Plantain Sauce
As you might have guessed, this recipe is inspired by the party favorite gizdo but instead of gizzard I am making used of minced meat combined with incredible spices. It is gooey, melty and oh so delicious . It pairs perfectly with everything from rice to quinoa to pasta. It’s sure to be your new go to favorite sauce.
- 950g minced beef or turkey
- Maggi – 4 cubes
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tspn ginger
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion – finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1-2 hot peppers – Minced
- 3 large tomatoes – minced
- Teaspoon each – Curry and thyme
- 2 large plantains – cubed and fried or baked
- 3 cups vegetables of choice (bell pepper, mushroom, minced carrot etc)
- Combine minced meat with pepper, salt, 2 maggi cubes and ginger. Set aside
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Heat up oil. Stir in minced onion and fry until it starts to brown. Stir in minced garlic. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add in seasoned minced meat. Stirfry until completely browned. Add in tomatoes and fried plantain. Season with salt, maggi, minced pepper, curry and thyme. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped vegetables
Serve mincedo over boiled rice, quinoa, acha or pasta. Enjoy!!!