#WCW: FACTS ABOUT WAJE YOU MAY NOT KNOW
W. A. J. E.(Waje) is our beautiful woman crush this Wednesday. this beauty is an awesome singer known for her beautiful voice and her gorgeous melanin look.
Below are some facts about WAJE you may not know..
1. WAJE is not her Birth name. In fact, its an acronym for “WORDS AREN’T JUST ENOUGH”
Words seriously aren’t just enough to express how surprised i felt to discover this.
Her birth name is Aituaje Iruobe. She hails from Edo State
2. She was Born on the 1st of September 1980 in Akure, Ondo State.
3. She is the First daughter(IGBO: Ada, YORUBA:Akọkọ ọmọbinrin, HAUSA: Farko Ya) . She was also the first Child. What a heavy responsibility that is.
4. Her parents got divorced when she was very young.
Stories like this hurt me. many parents get divorced with considering the children they bore. Some of this kids remain scarred for life. Things like this really needs to stop. Thank God she grew up to be a model to many despite her set backs. “NEVER LET YOU PAST HOLD YOU BACK”
5. Because of how well she sang, Late Papa Benson Idahosa was so impressed he decided to help her through her whole secondary school days.
Always try to be a blessing to people around you. Late Papa Benson definitely must have earned a place in her heart
6. She graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) with a degree in Social Work
7. She covers a vocal range of three octaves. WAWU!
8. Nollywood Actress, Amaka Iruobe is her younger sister
9. She is a Single mother
10. She has been nominated for 19 awards, 8 of which she won