Cold is a viral infection of your upper respiratory tract i.e. your nose and throat. Colds are not harmful, but have symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, mild fever, sneezing, etc. Colds are usually cured in about 7 – 10 days.
Honey gargles ease the pain of a sore throat and help the body get rid of colds faster.
- Mix a tablespoon of raspberry leaves or lemon juice with two cups of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Gargle the solution.
Honey and Raw Onions
- Cut a whole red onion into slices.
- Coat the onion slices with honey and a little sugar.
- Allow the honey and onions to soak overnight and consume a teaspoon the following morning.
- Repeat the process multiple times a day as needed.