Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1 finger ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large tatashe (bell pepper)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 hot peppers (scotch bonnet , ata-rodo)
- 1 whole chicken (cleaned and cut)
- 2 maggi cubes
- salt – to taste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender, pulse until rough blended. set aside
- place cleaned chicken pieces in a large pot, add in salt and maggi and cover with 5 cups of water. Place on medium-high heat and boil until chicken is tender (35-40 minutes if using hard chicken , 15-20 minutes if using soft chicken). Turn off heat.
- Remove chicken pieces from the broth. Pour the broth through a strainer (to remove any residue)
- Return both chicken and broth to the pot, add in blended pepper from step one. Stir to combine. Place on medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes.