1 pound chicken gizzards
1 pound chicken livers
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cups soy sauce
1/4 cups white vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 pieces bay leaves (dried)
1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
5 cloves crushed garlic
3/4 cups water
salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Boil the chicken gizzard in 4 cups of water (covered) for 60 to 90 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt all over the chicken liver. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Dredge the chicken liver in all-purpose flour. Pan fry for 2 minutes per side. Remove the pan-fried chicken liver. Set aside.
- On the same pan using the remaining oil, add the garlic, Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in the gizzard and pan-fried liver. Stir.
- Add the soy sauce and water. Let boil.
- Add the bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. Let the liquid re-boil. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!