Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper (or smoked paprika)
- ½ large bell pepper
- ½ large onion
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 24 split chicken wings
- 2 knorr cubes
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Other – 2 tablespoons each butter and honey (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and maggi. set aside
- Add ingredients 1 through 6 to a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Puree to a smooth paste
- Pour ⅔ of the marinade into the chicken. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. line a baking tray with parchment or foil.
- Arrange chicken pieces on the tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking. Combine the left over marinade with butter. Set one medium heat and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in honey if using (remove from heat)
- Remove the chicken pieces from the oven. Add into a bowl and add on the cooked sauce. Serve chicken piece or return to the oven for another 10 minutes (to get better color on)
- Serve and enjoy!!!