10 Signs That Your RelationShip Is In Trouble
A break-up or separation is a distressing experience. It is particularly devastating when you are taken by surprise. The truth is that People don’t just pack up and leave. They leave before they actually do. Relationships don’t crumble in a day. They show fissures and stand obliquely for sometime before they crumble. It is a sad fact that many people do not recognize the signs that their relationship is heading for the rocks. These signs manifest in a trickle. Watching out for them and acting accordingly and promptly is vitally important for the health of your relationship, and your peace of mind.
Here are ten signs that suggest that your relationship is in trouble.
- INSUFFICIENT COMMUNICATION– Living in silence is often the first warning sign that all is not right in the relationship. You don’t talk as much as you used to. In the past you talked about any and every thing. Small talks and sweet nothings characterized your relationship. Now, your conversations revolve only around what needs to be done and what he or she wants you to do for him/her. This makes for an arid, loveless atmosphere where two people have nothing to share anymore.
- INCESSANT FIGHTS ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE– Your fights become more frequent and intense. And the cause of the fight revolves almost around the same issue. No matter how hard you try to resolve the issue, you only end up feeling worse as things end up escalating out of proportion.
- HOARDING OF INFORMATION– Your partner begins to keep you in the dark about certain things. Suddenly you realise that they are always “forgetting” to tell you about things that they normally should tell you about and you constantly have to find out things by yourself. They no longer let you in on what is happening in their lives or what they plan to do. It begins to look like the both of you are leading separate lives that does not include the other person.
- DIFFERENT INTEREST– Shared activities and interests acts as glue in a relationship once the first flush of romance is over. But if you find yourself no longer going out or planning activities together with your partner then you need to be on the lookout. When two people are in love, it does not mean that they always want to do the same things, but they give and take a little which ensures that they are in sync with each other. Whereas falling out of love makes couples disregard each other’s interest and priorities.
- INFIDELITY– You are thinking of having an affair or you have caught your partner in the act. This is an indication that either you or your partner has some needs that has not been met in the relationship, or you’d rather just be in the company of the other person than that of your partner.
- LITTLE OR NO SEX- Your sex life together is almost non-existent. While sex is not the most important part of a relationship, not having enough of it can signal an underlying problem. Even when both partners are alright with no sex, it indicates a loss of intimacy which cannot be healthy for a relationship. Lack of sex is usually a symptom of other issues which can wreck a relationship. Issues like infidelity, differing priorities, and insensitivity of one partner to the other.
- CONSTANT CRITICISM– Suddenly, you can no longer do or say anything right in your partner’s sight. Your partner constantly finds fault in all your actions. This is because while couples are more understanding of each other when in love, they find it difficult to accept any imperfection, however little, as love wears away.
- YOU DON’T SPEND TIME TOGETHER– One of the surest signs of trouble in a relationship is the lack of quality time spent with each other. Initially this may be masked in the form of overtime at work or unavoidable engagements with family or friends. However with time you realize that you simply don’t want to spend time with each other anymore.
- SELFISHNESS AND SELF ABSORPTION– Suddenly he/she stops trying to please you. He/she makes him/herself a priority and doesn’t really care about what you want or need in the relationship.
- YOUR PARTNER EMBARRASSES YOU PUBLICLY– This is an indication that your partner has ceased to respect you as a person and couldn’t care less about your feelings. This attitude may take different forms, like flirting with someone else in your full view, ignoring your input in a conversation or putting you down before everybody else. Whatever the particular form of expression, public humiliation is one of the surest ways of telling that your relationship is heading downhill.
Seeing these signs may mean that something is wrong but there is still hope, if your partner is willing to work together with you to restore your relationship.
Good luck! As you make the move to rebuild your relationship.